Saturday, May 29, 2010

“I Breathe, I Feel, Therefore I'm Alive"

This is a Chinese song by Chang Yu Sheng, who passed away more than 10 years ago. I bought his album compilation lately, heard this song again. 

Ever since I'd crossed the gate marked "30", when asked about my experience, I could use "ten over years", etc. to describe the event. Getting old~ hey! Could abuse it... 

Realize that I always think about the past lately, especially when I start writing in Chinese: listen to songs and music that I listened when I was in high school, buy albums that you don't see them often in market nowadays, go to Chinese bookshop to look for books... I have not touched all these "Chinese" the moment I went to university. I was determined to improve my English, I read English novels, listen to English songs, watch English movies. My English had then picked up after I started reading novels. Improvements had shown in my writing and speaking. I have also collected few authors' publications since then. All these years, because of work and relationship, I only used English in my daily life. Even if I used Chinese, it was also related to work. Until I downloaded NJ Star, started to write something, I was able to use Chinese again - the language I've longed for... 

The older you are, the more you look at your past. I'm sure some of you might agree with me. The different now is, I look less to my past. Even though I live by myself, I seldom feel "lonely". I must admit, religion has a big influence on me now. It helps me to be more optimistic, compared to the past negative "Yi Xin". I do believe in positive thinking attracts positive response. And I do receive more than I expect. Please refer to the book "Secret". You will love it. 

I breathe, I feel, therefore I'm alive. I'm joyful, I'm sorrowful, it is because I'm loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment