Saturday, May 15, 2010

Between "I Love you" and "I Like you"


A friend commented how he felt about "to Love" and "to Like" on his fb. It reminded me of my article "In between to love and to like" many years ago. I adapted a song from a Taiwanese singer Huang An, re-wrote it in a poem-like and published at our school magazine. 

I've tried what was to Love and what was to Like when I was young, very distressed. It was always in a guessing game, especially when the other was undecided. Now, I've learnt not to wander between the feelings. If I like the person and think of going into a serious relationship, I will tell him. As a friend said, the worst answer he could give was "No". How if he liked you too? You could have missed him. Even though I had never been successful so far, hahaha... 

Then I met Him. At the beginning, it was only "Like". I even felt the hierachy between us, He was “Up" and I was "Down". After all these years, with what had happened, He is of course still at the top. But there are also "Friend" and "Father" feelings. When I am distraught and troubled, the image of Him looking at me "in His most gentle way" will appear. With this, I slowly learn about His Love. 

Another image which has touched me is this. There are: "Do not be afraid, for I am with you", "It's ok, you are fine", "It's so good to see you"... Only He can do it. No matter what had happened, if you are willing to face Him, He will give you all these assurance... 

I am still learning His Love. He reassures His Love, for His Love is generous and unconditionally. IT IS UNBELIEVABLE. And yes, this Love DOES exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment