Monday, April 12, 2010

Leap of Faith


Today's reading is about Thomas. He told the others he would only believe when he saw Him and touched Him. After revealing Himself, He told Thomas, "You are able to see and touch me. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe." That is, us. 

We were not there when they crucified Him, we were not there when He appeared to those who believed in Him, we were not there when He presented miracle. Yet, we believe in Him. We believe we will one day unite with Him, like the others have gone before us. He will raise us up at the end of the day. He will walk with us on this life. We will be part of Him on the next life. People say, this is called "FAITH".

One of today's Praise and Worship songs was "Power of Your Love". I must admit, I wasn't sure of His love after my baptism. The phrase of "He loves you" sounded very distance. I couldn't feel it at all. Today, after three years, He has taught me, day by day, about this phrase. I'm still experiencing it. It is not easy, as I cling on human so much for so many years. I rely on another being's love. This love is so vulnerable... so weak... Little bit of shakes will crumble this love, regardless you build it in 3 days or in 3 years or, even 30 years...

Only by His love, I can be assured. For He will not betray, He will not turn away, He will not hide. He will always be there to welcome me, like He does every Sunday. He will always be ready, to give me a hug.

Here is the lyrics of "Power of Your Love":

Lord I come to You 
Let my heart be changed, renewed 
Flowing from the grace
That I've found in You

And Lord I've come to know 
The weaknesses I see in me 
Will be stripped away 
By the power of Your love

Hold me close 
Let Your love surround me 
Bring me near 
Draw me to Your side 
And as I wait 
I'll rise up like the eagle 
And I will soar with You
Your Spirit leads me on 
In the power of Your love

I hope, one day, I will say in return: "I love You", with all my heart and all my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment